Mentor youth and make a positive difference.
Enjoy golf and give back to the community.
Join our team as a Volunteer Coach.
The First Tee of Silicon Valley believes positive youth development happens through a meaningful, quality relationship between the coach and participant. Mentor coaches are critical to ensuring our participants have an optimum and enjoyable learning environment. Therefore, we are always looking for high quality volunteers to serve as mentor coaches.
As you consider volunteering for our chapter, know that the safety of our kids is our first priority. Please read our Prevention Policies to see how we conduct programs and activities at our chapter.
Volunteers are welcome to begin the onboarding steps through out the year. However, steps must be completed a few weeks prior to the start of a season — 2/15 for Spring, 5/15 for Summer, 8/15 for Fall, and 11/15 for Winter.
- Volunteer Form — Please complete this form to begin the process.
- Telephone Interview
- Volunteer Application
- In-person Interview
- Contingent Offer
- Background Check — After you return your signed Contingent Offer, we will send you instructions for how to complete a background check (NCSI for Juniors and SportsEngine for Adults).
- Assist in delivering our golf and life skill curriculum through golf games.
- Demonstrate positive behavior and The First Tee Nine Core Values.
- Help provide a safe, positive and nurturing experience for our participants.
- Commit 2.5 hours a day, once a week for a 9-week class season.
- Choose from several class options by season, location, day of week, and time.
- Help at least 2 of 4 seasons and at least 6 of 8 lessons each season.
- Attend a 2-hour golf and life skill mentor training prior to each season.
- Juniors 9th grade and above are only able to teach our PLAYer or Par level.
- No golf experience necessary!
Instructor (Employee) Requirements
- Deliver TFTSV golf and life skills curriculum to participants ranging from 2nd -12th grade.
- Commit 2.5 hours per class, minimum of twice per week for a 9-week class season, 2-4 seasons per year.
- To find out more about instructor requirements and compensation please Click Here
- Level 1 Coach Training YouTube video.
- Grades- 2nd-12th grade
- Classes meet once per week for 1.5-hours over a 9-week season.
- In each class, students experience a life skill, healthy habit, and golf skill through golf games.
- Spring (Mar-May)
- Summer (Jun-Aug)
- Fall (Sep-Nov)
- Winter (Dec-Feb)
Locations & Days
- Rancho del Pueblo — Tuesdays to Saturdays — 1649 Hermocilla Way, San Jose 95116
- Gavilan College — Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays — 5055 Santa Teresa Blvd, Gilroy 95020
- Baylands — Tuesdays to Fridays — 1875 Embarcadero Road, Palo Alto 94303
Please contact Julie Donnellan at email@example.com or 408-508-4882 if you have any questions.