Life Skills Experience – 27 Life Lessons throughout 5 levels:
- PLAYer (2nd grade and up) – Nine Core Values, 4 Golf Fundamentals
- PLAYer Teen (6nd grade and up) – Nine Core Values, 4 Golf Fundamentals
- Par (3rd grade and up) – Interpersonal & Self-Management Skills, 6 Golf Skills
- Par Teen (6th and up) – Interpersonal & Self-Management Skills, 6 Golf Skills
- Birdie (5th grade and up) – Goal Setting, 7 Golf Fundamental
- Eagle (7th and up) – Resilience Skills, Conflict Resolution, Advanced Interpersonal and Self-Management Tools, 9 Golf Fundamentals
- Ace (9th grade and above) – 4 Projects – Career Development, Post High School Education, Volunteerism, Advanced Mental and Physical Golf Training.
- The program starts at the PLAYer Part 1* regardless of golf skills.
- 6th grade and up should take PLAYer Teen
- Participants must complete the Part 1 & Part 2 class and each certification requirement to demonstrate they are ready for the next level.
- The progression is as follows:
- PLAYer Part 1 –> PLAYer Part 2*
- Par Part 1 (3rd grade+) –> Par Part 2**
- Birdie Part 1 (5th grade+) –> Birdie Part 2
- Eagle Part 1 (7th grade+) –>Eagle Part 2
- Ace (9th grade+)
* PLAYer Teen (6th grade and above)–> **Par Teen
* Par Teen (6th grade and above) –>Birdie Part 1
What goes into certification?
- Convey all Nine Core Values
- Exhibit core life lessons
- Complete post class assignments
- Complete certification of golf and life skills assessments
- Be grade eligible (see above)
When does certification occur?
- Lessons #6 and #7 of the season
- We use “ready or not ready” for the next level instead of “pass or fail”
Participants are encouraged to take multiple 8-week seasons at each level before certifying.