Who We Serve – Community Engagement
We are committed to reaching youth in our local community and providing an opportunity to learn golf and our Nine Core Values at their facility. We are proud to be partnering with youth organizations and schools, many of which are Title I schools with a high percentage of students on free or reduced lunch. See our list of participating schools and youth development organizations.
What We Offer – Outreach Programs & Events
Community Program – Series of FTSV in-school golf and life skill classes
- Delivered in PE classes or in after school enrichment classes
- Classes are concluded with a field trip to our golf course locations
Outreach Events – FTSV delivers a golf and life skill lesson at community events
- Parent Universities
- Back to School Nights and Maze Days
- Community fairs and Health and wellness fairs
What is Community Program?
- Formerly called “DRIVE,” which stands for Develops Rewarding, Inspiring Values for Everyone
- Activity-based program specifically designed for youth organizations and schools
- Uses golf activities to deliver the life skills and The First Tee Nine Core Values
- Can be implemented indoors or outdoors using plastic equipment and velcro targets
How to Become a Community (Outreach) Partner
- Principals & Site Directors — If you are interested in having our Community Program at your school/organization please contact Chris Moreno-Hunt
- Parents & Guardians — If you would like your youth organization or school to consider adding our Community Program, please contact your school’s principal or youth program’s site director and have him/her contact Chris Moreno-Hunt.
- Event Coordinators — If you are interested in having FTSV attend a community event please contact Chris Moreno-Hunt
Grant(s) Provided by: