TFTSV’s DRIVE Program
DRIVE = Develops Rewarding Inspiring Values for Everyone
- Introduce golf and the Nine Core Values to students in our local communities through activity-based games.
- Provide an educational program appropriate for youth serving organizations and schools.
- Present golf to students as a physical fitness activity.
Curriculum Content & Benefits
- Activity Guide written with the youth activity leader and volunteer leader in mind.
- Designed to fit in a variety of settings and locations.
- Includes 18 detailed activity plans, an information section explaining teaching methods, safety and class management procedures, instructional cue cards, golf terms, and other helpful information for successful implementation
- Seamlessly integrates the Nine Core Values which include: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy, and judgment into physical lessons.
- Uses sports that students are familiar with to introduce golf fundamentals.
- Schedule is flexible to fit the needs of school or youth serving organizations.
Training & Equipment
- Includes a one-and-a-half-hour online session.
- Contains lesson design, equipment, safety, and skills instruction.
- Provides the ability to view video clips of physical educators delivering core content.
- SNAG, Starting New At Golf is developmentally appropriate golf equipment which includes oversized clubs, tennis-style balls, and a variety of targets designed to be used indoors or outdoors.
- Set contains equipment to teach large groups of 25 to 45 students.
Cost = $3,000 per location underwritten by TFTSV
- Includes one equipment set, one curriculum manual and online training links
- Includes consulting and scheduled visits by TFTSV staff